Thursday 28 November 2013

Heaven is a Pile of Twigs..

…if you’re a little boy that is. 

DSC_1637.jpgb

Last weekend was cold and damp but not too cold that we couldn’t spend some time out in the fresh air.  Actually in my opinion it’s never too cold!  So Saturday afternoon the girls and I met up at the Lake Visitor Centre and that’s where the boys found their heaven. 

DSC_1642.jpgb

Each found themselves a stick.  Boys need sticks when they’re out in the country.

DSC_1640.jpgb

Charlie found himself a “machine gun” I think.  Nicholas in the background looks like he found himself an honest to goodness good old-fashioned walking stick.

DSC_1663.jpgb

George sees his Mum and aunty safely down the hill through treacherous terrain.

DSC_1659.jpgb

Charlie standing guard with his rifle.DSC_1673.jpgb

Looks like he’s spotted the enemy here!

DSC_1676.jpgb

This is one of those photos that I just really like and not sure why.  Perhaps its because the three boys are all together, still carrying their sticks, dogs running round their heels, out in the fresh air and having a great time.  Yeah, I think that’s what it is.

DSC_1682.jpgb

Nicholas is poking his stick down into the brook here.  Another inch nearer the edge and he would’ve been right in it!  How he didn’t fall in I do not know.

DSC_1689.jpgb

More sticks but this time they’re whoppers!

DSC_1690_edited-1.jpgbPioneer Woman’s Seventies ActionDSC_1693_edited-1.jpgb Coffee Shop Creamy Chocolate B&W Action

Of course no outing is complete without an ice cream.  Call me crazy but I prefer a hot drink myself when I’m outside in cold weather!

Until next time,

BlogSignature

5 comments:

straythreads said...

looks like another fun day. Brings back memories of when my boys were that age and stick and a pile of leaves to make a great day. I like to put ice cream in my hot chocolate

Victoria said...

I am Grandma Alice reincarnated!

Caroline said...

I can see me in Charlie in the photo when he's eating the ice cream. Funny, because I can't normally! Where's your pics from the last month? xx

Caroline said...

I can see me in Charlie in the photo when he's eating the ice cream. Funny, because I can't normally! Where's your pics from the last month? xx

Victoria said...

Update me...