Friday 5 December 2014

Big Cedar Lodge, Missouri.

It’s been a while I know and this post is definitely overdue but here is a further instalment of our April trip to Arkansas, USA where we holidayed with my sweet sister, Maureen and her wonderful husband, Jerry. 

This post brings us to a major highlight of our trip, a weekend stay at Big Cedar Lodge in Missouri.

DSC_3400b

Several years ago at the end of a visit to Branson, Missouri with Maureen and Jerry, they took us on a detour on the way home to see a wonderful place they had recently learned about and that place was Big Cedar Lodge in Missouri.  I saw the lake and the log cabins dotted around it and was besotted with the whole caboodle.  There and then I said that one of these days we must certainly go back for a visit.

Well, on our USA trip in April this year (with a huge club member helping hand from my nephew and niece-in-law) “one of these days” came to pass.  I can’t tell you how much William and I had both been looking forward to this part of our holiday. 

DSC_3387b

The old timey registration building with its rocking chairs either side of the doors.  I loved the look of it.

DSC_3386b

In fact I loved everything about this building.  Its rustic country decor thrilled me no end.

DSC_3448b

A shady corner.  I’m quite partial to jigsaws and every time we wandered near this table my sister and I couldn’t help but spend a few minutes slotting a couple of pieces in place.  I could easily have spent a couple of hours finishing the jigsaw but there was just too much else to do.

DSC_3447b

A bright corner.  Imagine cosying up here in the depths of winter, a glass of mulled wine in hand, the fire roaring away and the snow coming down outside.  How super duper would that be?

DSC_3377b

Still in the registration building there’s an emporium full of all kinds of interesting goodies to browse through.

BigCedarSuiteb

Checking in complete we found our rooms.  We had a fantastic, spacious adjoining suite between us.  The country rustic feel ran throughout.  We all loved it.

DSC_3330b

The to-die-for-view from our rooms.  Log cabins, wooded hillside and lake. Wonderful!

DSC_3372b

Maureen and Jerry are  no strangers to Big Cedar having stayed there several times in the intervening years so were able to show us around the extensive grounds.

DSC_3360b

There was plenty to discover for us newbies. 

DSC_3365b

A day spent on one of these party boats would be fun I’m sure.

DSC_3357b

Lots of water activities to take part in…

DSC_3358b

.. but the activity we were interested in was this one.  A sunset cruise on beautiful Table Rock lake.

DSC_3451b

Tickets booked we boarded the shuttle bus and popped back to the suite until it was time to come back and ...DSC_3476b

… board Lady Liberty.

DSC_3486b

The interior of the boat where nibbles and drinks were served.  Very nice.

 

DSC_3470_editedb-2

William totally enjoying the experience.

DSC_3464b

Cliff top houses like this  lined the lakeside.  I’d think I’d died and gone to heaven if I lived up there in that beautiful humongous house!

DSC_3488_edited-1b

After a great couple of hours all too soon the boat landing came back into view and …

IMG_4006-2b

… it was back on that shuttle bus up the hill to our suite.

What a lovely day and evening it had been and there’s plenty more to come.

To be continued…..

BlogSignature

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That is stunning. The picture of Dad is so good, I don't think I've ever seen him look happy and relaxed all at the same time! I need to visit Big Cedar Lodge, my boys would love it. xx

Anita Johnson said...

This looks like a very enjoyable place to stay...and a feeling like my husband and I should explore Missouri. just this weekend, I was at my sister's lake home doing a puzzle! very fun!